Each case study is based on real cases that Johnson | Livingston has either successfully settled or completed with a verdict. Our success is based on the way we approach taking care of our clients, our expertise, and gathering evidence and facts.
Type of Injury
Unusual Injury from Ziplining
Leg injury with severe bruising that resulted in necrotic tissue, and removal of a large portion of the calf muscle.
Incident Details & Facts
The client went ziplining with her family. They put her in a special harness then jumped off the platform. She felt a drop and she reached the end of the zipline. The break that stopped her caused her to swing and hit the back of her legs on the platform. She had bad bruising that cut off her circulation and required debridement and removal of her necrotic tissue.
Case Details & Why They Needed a Lawyer
- She signed a waiver before ziplining.
- An attorney is needed to prove that what they did was negligent in order to overcome the waiver.
- Johnson Livingston proved that there was gross negligence both with the hiring, training, and that the design of their zipline was deficient.
Clients Biggest Concerns Addressed About the Case
Even if you sign a waiver you may have a case. This is why knowing and understanding personal injury law is helpful and having someone trained to examine the facts is critical.
Without a lawyer, her case wouldn’t have been taken seriously and her medical bills and expenses wouldn’t have been covered by the negligent party.
She received a confidential settlement and the zipline company had to pay this settlement.
Key Takeaways from Case
- Unusual injuries are very common and oftentimes the most overlooked when it comes to personal injury claims and cases.
- Without an attorney our client, the plaintiff would have had to pay for her own medical bills and expenses related to the injury.
What to Expect in a Consultation with Johnson | Livingston?
We take each case seriously. During your free consultation, you can count on us to listen to your story, take notes, and ask you questions about how your life has been impacted. You can also count on us to communicate in ways that are not overwhelming or to use lawyer jargon.
- Review What Happened to You
- Review Current Steps and Progress
- Discuss Life Changes & Impact of Case
- Give You a Chance to Ask Questions